The following headings cover some of the key considerations in setting up a fund which will be structured or promoted as an unregulated collective investment scheme:
- What are the fund’s investments in? Asset class, location, &c.;
- Who are the investors? Individuals, institutions, pension schemes, location, &c.;
- How may investments will you receive? Minimum, maximum, total number, &c.;
- How may investments will you make? Frequency, size, &c.;
- Will you distribute income? Size and frequency of distributions, &c.; and
- What is your route to market? Are intermediaries authorised, where are they based, &c..
To discuss any issues related to launching a fund as an unregulated collective investment scheme, please contact Simon Webber, StypersonPOPE’s MD, on 07710 260 717 or firstname.lastname@example.org.